Tuesday 4 January 2011

Filmic Update and Recompense

Hello everyone. Did you enjoy Christmas? Sorry I couldn't bring you the gift of a Christmas Filmic but I got ill and the planned release didn't happen. We'll still put out the feature looking at Christmas films but we're kind of combining last issue with the next one to make a bumper one now. Additionally due to my dissertation and essays and crap we're gonna make Filmic bi-monthly for a bit (that's once every two months rather than twice a month - it is THE stupidest word to have two meanings isn't it?). That will give me extra free time that I should use to do uni work.

However, in a bid to make up for this I had the idea to watch the IMDb top 250 films (which you can see here) and do little capsule review/opinion things on each of them for the blog. Which, if comitted to fully, WOULD take up the extra time I gained from not doing Filmic and therefore completely negate not doing Filmic to help my dissertation. So, I am going to watch the films, but it's not going to be one of these things where I put a time limit on it or watch one a day or so many in a week. I'll just see what I can fit in and post when I can. I'm not even going to watch them in strict order! That way if I can't get hold of something at a precise moment I can just watch something available to me. It's not the best way of doing it tbh but I'll be helped a lot by my uni's library of DVD's so I wanna start now. Seriously, they have pretty much everything. I'm pretty sure there'll only be like 3 or 4 things on the entire list that they don't have anyway so if I get started now it'll be much easier to see the films.

So I'll work on finishing up Filmic in the next few days and then make a start. Filmic won't be out until after The Green Hornet by the way as I'm putting a review of that in. So look out for it some time after the 14th Jan. I'm going to go home and re-think my life now. Adios and wish me luck!

1 comment: